Website Center for the Study of Democracy
Building bridges between scholars and policy makers
Experienced and ambitious researcher/policy analyst
Project development, coordination and implementation during an exciting period of growth
CSD is hiring a highly motivated and experienced analyst who will support its ongoing projects in the areas of: migration, radicalisation, religion and governance of religious diversity, energy citizenship, human rights and vulnerable groups.
You will be engaged in policy research and analysis, as well as project development, coordination and implementation. You will draft analytical texts and present research results to policy audiences and the media. You will interact with a broad range of partners nationally and internationally. You will be part of a well settled, highly professional policy research team and you will report to the Sociological Program’s director.
- Master’s degree in the field of the Social sciences or related fields and at least 4 years of relevant professional experience (PhD would be an advantage);
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methods of research;
- Strong written and analytical skills;
- Experience in presenting research results and policy analysis to academic, professional and lay audiences;
- High level of proficiency in the English language.
- Experience with project development and coordination;
- Publication track record;
- Knowledge of other EU languages;
- Experience in English-language working environment;
- Experience with and technical skills for working with large datasets, incl. extracting analytical value and visualizing results, would be an advantage.
The position is based in Sofia, Bulgaria, full-time and project-based. Pay will be commensurate with educational level and experience.
If you wish to get involved in policy analysis with impact, please apply by sending your cover letter (1 page), resume (with included list of referees and one-paragraph summary of the projects and tenders you have managed if any) and a writing sample in English (5-10 pages) to csd(at)online(dot)bg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline for submission of applications: January 15, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org